My doula services include, but are not limited to:
- Free initial interview
- 2-3 prenatal visits
- Assistance in writing your birth plan
- Available 24 hours a day for phone support and consultation
- On call for your birth, often joining you at your home before going to your designated place of birth
- Continuous support for the mother and her partner during active labor, birth and delivery
- Assistance in helping to create a calm, peaceful and supportive birthing environment for the mother and birth partner
- Labor techniques to include, but are not limited to: Position changes, relaxation, verbal encouragement, massage, birth ball, rebozo, etc.
- Immediate postpartum assistance to help facilitate bonding and breastfeeding that takes place immediately after birth
- 1-2 postpartum visits to reflect on your birth and to help you connect with additional resources following delivery
- Help the mother to feel connected to her birth experience following delivery
- Photography during labor and birth as desired
- Provide important references for professional support
- Breastfeeding support
As a lactation counselor, if you are planning to breastfeed, I can assist you to help ensure that you and your baby have the very best start. Breast milk is natures most perfect food, made perfectly just for your baby at just the right time, in just the right amounts and at the most ideal temperature! If you are a first time mom, breastfeeding can often times be a learning process. If you are and your baby are in need of support, I can be available to assist you.